Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunday



On Sunday we drove to Malibu to find some tide pools.  Starfish, crabs and other sea critters inhabit still, shallow pools of water.  We didn't get so lucky finding starfish, but we did find crabs.


Here are the kids and Sandy looking hard for sea creachers.


We walked along the beach looking for more.  


Instead of finding more tide pools the kids found where the waves crashed over the rocks in dramatic fashion.  They spent a good amount of time running from the waves and screaming.  Sandy and I got some great video of it.

After the beach we parted ways with the Sipps.  They returned to Louise's house and we headed into the belly of the beast, better known as LA.   We had a hotel booked and waiting for us across from Disneyland and planed to spend the next day there.  After a 2 hour drive from Malibu to Anaheim I found out that I had left my drivers's license back in Ojai. The hotel would not allow me to get the room without it.  So, I turned around and spent the next 4 hours driving back to pick it up and then returning to our hotel.  


LA traffic.

The traffic was good, otherwise I wouldn't have taken a picture.  After driving in and out of LA  4 times in the last week I feel like a pro.


No comments:

Post a Comment