Thursday, June 15, 2017

East Coast Trip - The Drive to MD




After saying goodbye to the family we headed toward Maryland with a few stops on the way.



The Book Loft, a bookstore in the German Village section of Columbus.  The pic shows the walk up to the entrance.  My Dad and I would stop here regularly when traveling between Pennsylvania and Ohio.  The Book Loft boasts 33 rooms of books.  It is an old house converted into a bookstore.  Most rooms are no bigger than a walk in closet but it is a labyrinth of books!


.



The Squirrel Hill Tunnel in Pittsburg.  We diverted off of I-70 to drive passed my old house north of Pittsburg.  The old steel mills that I remember were gone and The Three Rivers Stadium has long since disappeared but otherwise Pittsburg seemed the same.



My old house on Sampson Dr., Apollo, PA



Maryland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment