Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Monster Snake

Two weeks ago I entered my shed to get my gloves to do some gardening when I saw a HUGE snake curled up in the wheelbarrow. I only saw a small portion but it was enough to send me screaming out of the shed. Chad refused to come home from work just because his wife was a sissy. So, of course it escaped before he got home. I have been treading real lightly in the back yard ever since. When I do go back there, which is fairly often, I check very carefully for snakes. By the way, at what point did this become a blog about our backyard wildlife? Anyway, the other day I was turning one of the compost bins when the snake started moving around in the bin next to me just 2-3 feet from me! Chad was in the garden and promptly came to my rescue. He was hesitant to catch it and I got my "I-told-you-so" moment right away when he said "Wow! That's a big snake!" No kidding! So in a script that is well rehearsed in our family I ran and got the kids and the camera. I think I'm ready to move back to the city and live in a highrise apartment now. Country life is wearing a little thin at the moment.




1 comment: