Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2010 Garden


Gardening
We have been taking gardening seriously now for 3 years and not-so-seriously for several more. I am just now comfortable saying I'm a vegetable gardener. It seems strange to say that, but gardeners were always the wiser, older, respected people in my life. Somewhere along the way I got it into my head that only smart people gardened. Not flakes, not kids, and not people like us. At what point can a person say they are a gardener? When they plant that first plant in a patio pot? Or is it when 50 percent of what you planted survives? Or is it when you manage to start the whole garden from seed and not store bought plants? I don't know but now I will say I'm a gardener Oh, and Chad too.


2 comments:

  1. How fabulous! I think when 50% of your plants survive...I've already killed like 9 mini plants this year....and it's JUNE!!!

    What all are you growing to feast on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have corn, tomatoes, potaoes, spinach, lettuce, onions (150 of them!), basil, peppers, strawberries, and mellons. The carrots have chosen not to show themselves.

    ReplyDelete