Recently my friends Heather, Maria and I started doing mass cooking. Some people refer to it as once-a-month cooking. I feel that name doesn't apply in this case but the gist of mass cooking is to round up some friends to and spend the day cooking and storing as many meals as possible. Yesterday I got a head start and cooked 6 meatloafs, 1 turkey and 2 hams. Today Maria and Heather showed up and I had another 2 turkeys cooked. We then made pasta dishes, pizzas, chilies, taco meat, and crockpot meals. All and all we made 54 meals and some side dishes that went into my freezer to be pulled out and cooked at a moments notice. It's homemade freezer dinners but healthier. It's helps me on those days when life is to busy to cook a meal and Mac and cheese just doesn't cut it.

The chaos.
Speaking of chaos, we were interrupted many times by our very sensitive smoke alarm. Because Heather's baby was sleeping in the room next to it I had to sprint down the hall more times than I care to count to wave a towel under it. I also had to drop everything and catch a dog before she got a chicken when Tim let loose the chickens in the back yard. It all added up to a very stressful day, but worth it in the end.

Maria topping the pizzas and Heather vacuum sealing.

The end result of much hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment