Our bathroom has been sorely needing a makeover since the day we moved in 4 years ago. I have remodeled the rest of the house except the kitchen, dining room and main bathroom. The kitchen and dining room are on hold till I have several thousand dollars to spend and people kept offering to help me with that bathroom. It seems that at one time or another every close friend I have and even my father have offered to help me. I guess they thought it was an eyesore too!
This is what it looked like before, note the early eighties sea themed pealing wallpaper.
The "S's" volunteered to help me peal wallpaper. Matt has a fascination with pealing things, this was fun for him.
I had new flooring to go in the bathroom, it had been sitting in the garage since we remodeled the master bathroom. At the time I had bought enough to do both bathrooms thinking I was going to get to it right away. When we tore out the old flooring we found water damage and then had to replace the subfloor. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all it's a bathroom in a 40 year old house. There had to be some leaks somewhere along the way.
I painted the walls a base color of light brown and then used one wall to paint squares on. Above is the wall taped off and ready for more paint.
Here come the before and after pictures! The best part of all!
Before After
I kept the same hardware such as light switches and towel racks I just spray painted them. $5 for a can of paint was much cheaper than replacing them.
Before After
Before
After
Because my budget was small (very small) I had planed on painting the vanity and giving it new handles. But (Praise God!) the vanity got damaged when we removed it to do the floor and we had to replace it. Then to match the new vanity we had to get a new mirror. Yes, the budget was at that point blown.
Before After
Before
After
After
After
After
The towel rack and the painting squares are my favorite part. My friend Melissa sells the vinyl letters you see above the towels, she also gave me the inspiration for the multicolored squares. I really appreciate her help and inspiration!













No comments:
Post a Comment