This last weekend the Sipps invited us to join them in house sitting Terry's (Matt's dad) place. While spring has not quite sprung yet this weekend seemed to be the start.
Within minutes of arriving every one of our kids had piled into Ella's Gator.
This picture was taken a split second before Nora toppled out and got her feet run over.
Tim believes that one must be properly dressed to ride in a John Deere.
*
We brought games, both of the electronic and board type and played late into the night. Terry ended up coming home Saturday evening. I'm convinced it's because Sandy called him and asked where the liquor was hidden.
*
On Saturday it turned cold and rainy. Matt and Chad took their recumbent bikes out for a ride of 13 miles in the morning. Before lunch I loaded the kids up in the jeep for a ride around the property. At first everyone was happy and excited...

...then one by one they asked to be taken back to the house. I guess my driving was a bit much for them.
After lunch Matt, Chad and I went off to explore the countryside. The rain made it a lot of fun! Roads that had been passable with the van the day before were now barely passable with a Jeep. We tried to ride the line between getting stuck and not getting stuck all at the same time and we succeeded.
Notice the mud on the roof?
Clean up time!
While we were gone Timothy and Titus got into a disagreement. Timothy bit Titus on the cheek. How do I feel about this? Every time I saw Titus's cheek I felt the urge to find the nearest wooden spoon. Since I wasn't around when it happened Sandy made sure Tim realized the full consequences of his actions.

The marks are still showing 24 hours later.
Before we left on Sunday we visited an abandoned homestead near by. Now it is in a cow pasture.
The house looked good from the outside. Not livable but nicer than most abandoned homes I've seen. This one was somewhat furnished. In some ways it looked as if the owners had just gotten up and walked away, 20 years ago. The calender still said December 1991. Clothes were still in the closet, utensils in the kitchen drawers, and mail on the shelf. Oh, and skunks had been around and the place stunk. It was a mess and wild animals had made the place home but it wasn't much of a stretch to visualize a grandma and grandpa living there.
Clothes in the upstairs room.
Cooking utensils in the kitchen. See how dirty the counter and floors are?
After all that we had to come back home to work and responsibility. Vacations never seem to last long enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment