While on a trail ride with Gary I came across some coyote bones. After dinner on Saturday night I took Nathaniel and Nora out to look at them. It involved driving just a few miles away to a peice of property the Foltz's own and lease out for cattle grazing. The kids got to see a beautiful sunset. It sounds strange to say they haven't seen one before-or at least noticed one-but when you realize our house is surrounded by full grown trees and the kids go to bed at 7:00 it makes sense. So anyway, it's twilight and we had to hike about 75 - 100 yards into a pasture and just over the crest of a hill. We left the van at the gate which was just barely visible from where we were. The closest house was about a mile away and so we were truly "out in the country". I say all that to illustrate the point of how scary it would have been for the kids if the coyotes had started howling while we were still out there. Thankfully we were back at the van and I was unlocking the doors when they started. Monday, October 26, 2009
Coyote Bones - Weekend in Dexter
While on a trail ride with Gary I came across some coyote bones. After dinner on Saturday night I took Nathaniel and Nora out to look at them. It involved driving just a few miles away to a peice of property the Foltz's own and lease out for cattle grazing. The kids got to see a beautiful sunset. It sounds strange to say they haven't seen one before-or at least noticed one-but when you realize our house is surrounded by full grown trees and the kids go to bed at 7:00 it makes sense. So anyway, it's twilight and we had to hike about 75 - 100 yards into a pasture and just over the crest of a hill. We left the van at the gate which was just barely visible from where we were. The closest house was about a mile away and so we were truly "out in the country". I say all that to illustrate the point of how scary it would have been for the kids if the coyotes had started howling while we were still out there. Thankfully we were back at the van and I was unlocking the doors when they started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment